Inbound document management is an issue common to all organizations.
Numerous motivations are at the origin of the implementation of an inbound document management solution:
▪ The reduction of decision cycles.
▪ The rationalization of information circuits.
▪ The reduction of inbound paper document management.
▪ A better traceability of documents and associated actions.
▪ The security of documents and its content.
Several solutions of inbound document management have been developed using Nirva and are currently in production.
To illustrate this issue and explain Nirva’s implication in inbound document management processes, one of the case studies at a large insurer in Europe.
The solution implemented for insurance company Prudential (UK) manages a complete inbound document process, from envelopes reception to electronic mail distribution and the destruction of the physical documents a few months later.
Prudential daily receives around 35 000 envelopes, which represents 200 000 documents.
All daily mail must be handled in less than 4 hours, i.e., opened, manually pre sorted, scanned, indexed, archived and routed to the appropriate account manager or service. For a large part, documents are indexed by human indexers as they are hand written, non normalized documents.
The solution implemented.
Nirva handles the following processes amongst others :
- The orchestration of all processes, including indexing and workflow,
- Real-time communication with the insurance information system (mainframe) to gather appropriate information.
- Generation of all user interfaces of the different modules of the solution.
- Management of the associated outbound document processes.
- Intelligent work allocation of the indexing and validation work to the 100 indexers working on the project at any time.
The Nirva advantages.
Nirva has been chosen for this process for several reasons:
- Its capacity to precisely adapt to the needs and future evolutions, and to integrate with the legacy environment.
- The robustness and scalability of the solution.
- The total cost of ownership.
- The speed to implement the solution.
For more information +44 20 3286 1774